Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gerard's Quilt
I have spent the last couple of months, in amongst other things, making a quilt for the flat in Germany for Gerard to use - I need to make a second one for when I or visitors are visiting but haven't yet started it. Here is the front of the finished quilt - the stars were foundation pieced, then the flowers were machine appliqued before adding the sashing.

For the reverse I decided to make it a bit more 'manly' and used a lot of black, white, cream and red music fabrics left over from Jon's quilt - inevitably I didn't have enough and we had to go searching for more! So I'm still left with a pile of black and white music fabrics! This time I used a much simpler block that I pieced as time was running short, added sashing then quilted it.

The only thing I was disappointed with was the quilting as I found it very difficult to match up the sashing front and back, so I think for mine I will choose an easier backing and possibly do ita as a 'quilt as you go' in smaller sections.

1 comment:

Vyolet said...

What beautiful work. :)
I would love to make a quilt in my lifetime. I have trouble with patience. ;)