Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This weeks stitch for TAST is feather stitch - as I have used this stitch quite a lot recently I decided to group the photos together here (and cheat as I haven't got time before we go away to do another sample). The first sample is from the Personal Library of Stitches course -

This second sample is from my City and Guilds course and is depicting spring - the calico background has been sponge painted with colours taken from a source picture, then the feather stitching worked on top in coordinating colours



The third sample is my final picture for Module 1 on my City and Guilds course - I used feather stitch a lot for the trees at the back of the picture and used a variety of thicknesses of threads on evenweave fabric, again sponge painted.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Vicki, love to see your feather stitches worked into a "design", I'm still not confident to go beyond a sampler very often. I have done several "design" courses with my Guild here in Sydney but I need a tutor cracking the whip to get me motivated. Perhaps Sharon's course will get me going again, hope to join up today for 20th Feb. start. Christine.

verobirdie said...

I love your works ! It is a great idea to sponge the background and stitch on it.

Helen in the UK said...

Very nice samples. I particularly like the garden picture :)

Barbara B. said...

It's a very nice stitchpicture. I lve this work.